Monday 2 September 2013

Men's Fragrance Review- Zara Sport 675, Pecksniff England Eau De Toilette and Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men


Scents and fragrances are really important to me; they create and bring back memories that can only be truly remembered through aroma. I am not a fragrance expert and can only tell you what I think about each fragrance so experts, please forgive any terminology used. FYI, I did however, find out that sillage is a French term that means the trail of aroma left behind by the wearer. 

Zara Sport 675


This was an impulse buy at a local Zara store, and for £10 I didn't think I could go wrong as the tester reminded me of 'Le Male' by Jean Paul Gaultier. The fragrance is sophisticated, elegant and sweetly aromatic which matches the 'Zara' trendy look very well. I used the bottle up relatively quickly as the longevity of the fragrance was not good, but for the price was acceptable. The sillage for this fragrance was moderate when first applied but did not last long. A brilliant fragrance for on a budget, but for an aftershave with a greater longevity, a more expensive perfume like 'Le Male' is great. 

Fragrance- 9/10
Longevity- 4/10
Sillage- 5/10
Overall- 7/10
Perfect for- Younger ages, day and night wear

Pecksniff England eau de toilette 


This fragrance was purchased for me at Christmas and came in a gift set along with a shower gel and aftershave balm. Unfortunately I was unable to find the box that the aftershave came in so do not know the name of the actual fragrance itself as it is not on the bottle. This fragrance has a much more deep and musky aroma, with notes of honey and spices. This fragrance reminds me of a more classic masculine fragrance, such as Calvin Klein Obsession as it is much deeper and spicier than the Zara fragrance and conjures images of a business manor professional. As this is a more expensive perfume, the longevity is greater along with the sillage, however it is a little to spicy for my taste.

Fragrance- 7/10
Longevity- 7/10
Sillage- 7/10
Overall- 7/10
Perfect for- Older ages, day wear

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men 


This fragrance was purchased as I wanted a fragrance with longevity and an aroma I really enjoyed. I hadn't smelt this perfume until I had purchased it and found it very sweet when first using. The first thing it reminded me of was CK One, as it is very sweet but pleasant. This fragrance is perfect for day wear or evening wear as it has a great longevity and sillage for attracting the opposite sex. The most noticeable scent is cacao, with a sweet and elegant fragrance.

Fragrance- 8/10
Longevity- 9/10
Sillage- 8/10
Overall- 8/10
Perfect for- All ages, day and night wear

Overall my favourite fragrance by far is the Zara Sport 675 but the lack of longevity means I will probably try a more expensive fragrance with a similar aroma next, like 'Le Male' JPG.

No comments:

Post a Comment